- L Shane Nelson Sworn In As Deschutes County’s 9th Sheriff
- Oregon Health Care Premiums Announced For 2016
- DA Says It’s Not The Wild West, Goes After Alleged Marijuana Offender
- Madras Army Hangar On National Register Of Historic Places
- How About Spending The 4th On A Houseboat?
- Pilot Butte Access Limited
- UPDATE: Sugarloaf Fire, 4800 Acres, 40 Percent Contained
Know someone who has displayed Random Acts of Kindness in Central Oregon? Nominate them below and we’ll give them a shout out on the air!
Plus, each month ...Read more
The Peak 104.1 Today’s Best Music Announces
PEAK Summer Nights!
Gregg Allman – June 30th!
Melissa Etheridge – July 22nd!
The Punch Brothers – ...Read more
Wake up weekday mornings with the Robin Fox. The best contests, prizes, Hollywood news, local news, weather and traffic, all while bringing you “Today’s Best Music.” Hear what everyone’s ...Read more
- Ukulele orchestra wins UK court ruling against upstart rivalLONDON (AP) — A judge has delivered sweet music to the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain, ruling that a rival ensemble can't call itself the United Kingdom Ukulele Orchestra.
- 'Cartel Land' looks at murky US, Mexico vigilante worldThe 32-year-old New Yorker, who won the best director prize at the Sundance independent film festival, had done documentaries about US social issues until he got curious about why civilians were taking up arms across the border. For nine months, Heineman traveled between Mexico's Wild West-like state of Michoacan and the southwestern US state of […]
- Sonia Manzano, who played Maria on 'Sesame Street,' retiringNEW YORK (AP) — "Sesame Street" is about to be less A-OK. Sonia Manzano, who has played the role of Maria on the public TV kid show since 1971, is retiring.
- Joe Nichols on Bentley, the Band and Why There's No Justice in MusicJoe Nichols almost nailed it: When the country hitmaker took the stage for a Friday afternoon set at New York's Farmborough Festival, the sky was partly cloudy and the temperature was 76 degrees — not far from the conditions celebrated in 2013's chart-topping "Sunny and 75." Nevertheless, the song...
- Striking Matches Talk Duo Power, 'Nashville' ConnectionStriking Matches have a knack for constructing lovely songs. Just as importantly, they excel at building and maintaining close relationships. Talking before an acoustic but raucous performance at New York City's FarmBorough Festival last weekend, the duo of Sarah Zimmermann and Justin Davis returned again and again to their key...
- Rare Test Pressing of Bob Dylan's 'Blood on the Tracks' FoundA test pressing of Bob Dylan's Blood on the Tracks – one of rock's rarest records with only five known existing copies – is now available thanks to Amoeba Music. The West Coast record chain recently acquired the test pressing of the classic LP, dubbed the "New York"...